HLTAHA013 Provide support in dysphagia management
This can be completed as a full unit of competency (HLTAHA013) or as a one day pathway course. It is aimed at Care Workers and is strongly recommended for all staff providing personal care. The dysphagia workshop includes:
- What is dysphagia?
- The anatomy and physiology of swallowing
- Signs, symptoms, causes and related conditions
- Care, feeding and treatment options
- Possible complications and what to observe as a Care Worker
Full Unit of Competency
The full unit of competency consists of
- A full day course consisting of theory and practical skills
- A practical workplace assessment
On completion of the full unit of competency a Statement of Attainment is issued.