CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support
Are you seeking to expand your skills and knowledge to enable you to better support your elderly clients?
This qualification reflects the role of support workers who complete specialised tasks and functions in aged services; either in residential or home and community based environments. Workers will take responsibility for their own outputs within defined organisational guidelines and maintain quality service delivery through the development, facilitation and review of individualised service planning and delivery.
These workers may be required to demonstrate leadership and have limited responsibility for the organisation and the quantity and quality of outputs of others within limited parameters.
- Attend an enrolment meeting with a member of our training staff.
- Hold a current national police certificate and working with children check (if requiring work placement).
- Be reasonably fit and physically capable of performing the role.
- Meet the foundation skills ( literacy and numeracy levels) necessary to perform in the role.
- Be eligible to participate in training in Australia.
- Have a Unique student identifier – we can assist you with this process.
- CHCADV001 Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
- CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE003 Coordinate services for older people
- CHCAGE004 Implement interventions with older people at risk
- CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS006 Facilitate individual service planning and delivery
- CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
- CHCCCS023 Support independence and well being
- CHCCCS025 Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCPAL001 Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- CHCPRP001 Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client work
- HLTAHA013 Provide support in dysphagia
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- HLTHPS006 Assist clients with medication
Other electives may be chosen if appropriate.
This course is structured with the focus on individual learner needs. It is open for a period of 18 months but can be completed much sooner. Our Certificate IV in Ageing Support is conducted as a combination of in class sessions and home study. Classes are scheduled on a continual basis as a mix of daytime and evening class sessions.
The course requires practical work place experience which is arranged by us if you are not already working in a relevant setting.
If you’re interested in progressing your career in, contact us today
Bestwest Care aims to provide value for money for all our students. Our fees are all inclusive and there are no additional or hidden charges.
Costs will be discussed with you on inquiry and/or enrollment.
Course Intake Dates
Our Certificate IV courses are scheduled to suit your availability. Call or email us to book a time.