CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support Course in Perth
Are you ready to make a difference?
Are you looking for a rewarding and meaningful career? Do you want to make a difference in the lives of elderly people or those with a disability? If so Certificate III in Individual Support is the course for you! This course provides you with the knowledge and the skills needed to work with people who are ageing or have a disability. Contact us today for more information.
CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support course structure
Certificate III in Individual Support includes 2 speciality streams; Ageing and Disability. You may choose one or both streams. If completing one stream there are 7 core units and 11 electives. There are additional core units for the speciality streams.
- Attend an enrolment meeting with a member of our training staff
- Hold a current national police certificate
- Be reasonably fit and physically capable of performing the role
- Meet the foundation skills (literacy and numeracy levels) necessary to perform in the role
- Be able to attend and complete the training room and practical components of the course
- Be eligible to participate in training in Australia
- Have a unique student identifier – we can assist you with this process
- CHCCCS015 – Provide individualised support
- CHCCCS023 – Support independence and wellbeing
- CHCCOM005 – Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 – Work legally and ethically
- HLTAAP001 – Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 – Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- HLTINF006 – Apply basic principles and practices of infection prevention and control
Core units Certificate III in Individual Support – Ageing specialisation
- CHCAGE001 – Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE005 – Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS011 – Meet personal support needs
Core units Certificate III in Individual Support – Disability specialisation
- CHCDIS001 – Contribute to ongoing skills development using a strengths-based approach
- CHCDIS002 – Follow established person-centred behaviour supports
- CHCDIS003 – Support community participation and social inclusion
- CHCDIS007 – Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
- CHCPAL001 Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- CHCCCS017 Provide loss and grief support
You can enrol by phoning our team on (08) 9439 1673.
This course is structured with the focus on individual learner needs. It is open for a period of 12 months but can be completed much sooner. Our Certificate III in Individual Support can be undertaken as either a day or evening course depending on each learner’s circumstances.
Every effort is made to arrange the practical work as soon as possible after the theory has been completed and in close proximity to the learner’s home. However, there can sometimes be delays due to learner numbers, facility commitments, and availability of places.
If you’re interested to get your career in care work started, contact us today.
Costs will be discussed with you on inquiry and/or enrollment.
Funding may be available for eligible applicants under the Fee Free in 2023 initiative. For eligible applicants there are no fees payable for one stream.
Conditions apply and proof of eligibility must be provided at the time of enrollment. This is in accordance with the Department of Training and Workforce Development Vet fees and charges policy 2023.
The Student tuition fees are indicative only and are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment.
Course Intake Dates
2022 CHC33015 Certificate III Individual Support intake dates:
Courses run on an ongoing schedule and you can commence throughout the year.
We have day time and evening classes available
Option 2 (longer) classes are available:
These classes suit people who may require more support, have difficulties studying at home or who are funded through Department of Training and Workforce Development initiatives. The course commences regularly and class hours have been structured to assist people with school aged children.
Disclaimer: Bestwest Care reserves the right to amend course dates if necessary.