CHC43315 Certificate IV in Mental Health
This qualification is relevant to anyone employed or involved in a related field who would like to expand their skills and knowledge in mental health.
The qualification reflects the role of workers who provide self-directed recovery orientated support for people affected by mental illness and psychiatric disability. Work involves implementing community-based programs and activities focusing on mental health, mental illness and psychiatric disability.
The course is relevant to people working in all health settings, aged care, disability services, community services, education and other areas.
- Attend an enrolment meeting with a member of our training staff
- Hold a current national police certificate (if requiring work placement)
- Be reasonably fit and physically capable of performing the role
- Meet the foundation skills (literacy and numeracy levels) necessary to perform in the role
- Be eligible to participate in training in Australia
- Have a Unique student identifier – we can assist you with this process
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- CHCMHS002 Establish self-directed recovery relationships
- CHCMHS003 Provide recovery orientated mental health services
- CHCMHS004 Work collaboratively with the care network and other services
- CHCMHS005 Provide services to people with co-existing mental health and alcohol and other drug issues
- CHCMHS007 Work effectively in trauma informed care
- CHCMHS008 Promote and facilitate self advocacy
- CHCMHS011 Assess and promote social, emotional and physical well being
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
- CHCCCS003 Increase the safety of individuals at risk of suicide
- CHCADV001 Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCCOM002 Use communications to build relationships
Bestwest Care aims to provide value for money for all our students. Our fees are all inclusive and there are no additional or hidden charges.
Costs will be discussed with you on enquiry and/or enrolment.
Course Intake Dates
Our Certificate IV courses are scheduled to suit your availability. Call or email us to book a time.