Find employment as a health or aged care worker

We have care vacancies to suit a range of qualifications

If you have the necessary qualifications and experience and think you are suited to work in the aged or health care sector as an agency worker, then contact us.  At Bestwest Care in Perth, we employ registered and enrolled nurses, personal care workers, therapy assistants, and domestic staff for placement within aged care, health, disability and community facilities in Perth and throughout Western Australia. If you have the qualifications and certificates then complete this form on this page. When it comes to aged care jobs in Perth you want to deal with a company that has all the necessary contacts as well as the respect of the care facilities in the region. That’s us.

We also want to deal with dedicated, motivated and skilled people who are well suited to these positions. If you think you have what it takes, or want more information, contact us; we have a number of positions open for the right candidates.

Aged Care Employment Prerequisites

To be considered for agency work, a current drivers license, your own transport, and a current national police certificate are essential.

Care Workers employed by Bestwest Care are required to have:

  • Certificate III in aged care, or equivalent, with a minimum of six months’ full-time employment as a carer within an aged care facility or similar
  • Successful completion of 12 months in a nursing degree program
  • A current national police certificate

All staff is required to complete an ‘Orientation to agency work’ session which includes:

  • General policies and procedures
  • Education and training
  • Rostering, availability and time sheets
  • Dress codes
  • Infection and injury prevention
  • Workplace orientation
  • Emergency procedures
  • Roles and responsibilities
  • Professional boundaries
  • Documentation and use of care plans
  • Mandatory reporting and elder abuse
  • Confidentiality
  • Workplace safety and health

Mandatory training includes the following:

  • Manual handling
  • Food safety
  • Dysphagia
  • First Aid

Medication Competency

Many of our care workers have been deemed “Medication Competent”. To gain this competency you must have completed: HLTHPS006 – “Assist clients with Medication”, or equivalent.

Competencies are assessed biannually.

Manual Handling

All direct care staff is required to attend an annual update for manual handling.
Download the application form for manual handling.

Aged Care Home Care

Care workers providing home care are required to meet the all necessary conditions, stated above. If you think you have what it takes to become a care worker for the aged, click below to apply for current aged care jobs.