Are you seeking work in the health and caring environment?
We have vacancies for Registered and Enrolled Nurses, Care workers and support staff
Bestwest Care is seeking Registered and Enrolled nurses, care workers, allied health assistants, activity officers, domestic staff for shifts in a range of facilities and organisations. If you have the necessary qualifications and experience and think you are suited to work in the aged, community, disability or health care sector as an agency worker, then contact us.
If you have the qualifications necessary then complete the form on this page. When it comes to working with a reputable and supportive organisation in Western Australia then Bestwest Care is number one.
We seek dedicated, motivated, passionate, empathetic and skilled people for these casual positions. If you think you have what it takes, or want more information, contact us; we have a number of positions open for the right candidates.
Current Staff Vacancies
If you are seeking to join our Agency Staff, we have vacancies in the following roles and areas:
- Registered Nurses – Throughout the Perth Metro region.
- Enrolled Nurses – Throughout the Perth Metro region.
- Care Workers – Rockingham and Mandurah.
To be considered for agency work, a current drivers license, your own transport, and a current national police certificate are essential.
Registered and Enrolled nurses are required to be registered with AHPRA and have no restrictions on their practice.
Care Workers employed by Bestwest Care are required to have:
- Certificate III in Individual support, or equivalent, with a minimum of six months’ full-time employment as a care worker within an aged care facility or similar
- Successful completion of 12 months in a nursing degree program
- A current national police certificate
All new employees are provided with an orientation session which includes:
- General policies and procedures
- Education and training
- Rostering, availability and timesheets
- Dress codes
- Infection and injury prevention
- Workplace orientation
- Emergency procedures
- Roles and responsibilities
- Professional boundaries
- Documentation and use of care plans
- Mandatory reporting and elder abuse
- Workplace safety and health
- Manual handling
- Care for clients with dysphagia
- Food safety
Ongoing Mandatory training includes the following:
- Annual Manual handling
- Bi-annual Dysphagia
- 3 yearly Provide First Aid and/or annual Provide CPR
All care workers are encouraged to become medication competent by completing our medication course. Competencies are refreshed biannually.