This course runs for 4 hours and includes theoretical and practical information for people working with dementia. It is strongly recommended as a refresher, particularly for people re-entering the aged care work force.
It is also suitable for volunteers or family members wishing to gain knowledge to assist in their care of a person with dementia.
The workshop includes
- What is dementia?
- The incidence of dementia
- Alzheimer’s Diseas
- Stages of dementia
- Brain changes
- Signs and symptoms of dementia
- Common care issues
- Behaviour and approaches to care
- The importance of family, friends, purpose and pleasure
- Loss and grief
- The roles of carers and care workers
- Support techniques
- Elder abuse and legal issues
- Available resources
How to enrol
Contact us by phone or email or through the website.